Water & Sewer Department
Our waste water operators, working at the Water Quality Reclamation Facility, operate the plant with the objectives of providing the best possible treatment of waste to protect the receiving waters, down stream users and neighbors. By removing waste from the waste water and thereby protecting the receiving waters, meeting the strict government permit requirements, minimizing odors to avoid nuisance complaints, minimizing costs, minimizing energy consumption, maintaining an effective preventive maintenance program and maintenance of a collection and transportation system to the treatment plant.
We are proud to serve the citizens of Flowery Branch, and we want you to know that we are always available to you. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (770) 967-6371 or use the Citizen Feedback form on this web site.
If your water is not working, and it is a weekend, first confirm that you have paid your water bill. Water accounts that are not paid by the first day of the month will be disconnected and will not be reconnected until the next business day after the account is paid in full. (Code can be found below)
After you have confirmed that your bill has been paid please use the following emergency contact number(s):
- CALL 1st – Johnny Thomas – Public Works Superintendent,
- CALL 2nd – Jimmy Dean, Water/Wastewater Director,
(678) 776-1074 – if no answer, see below
- CALL 3rd – Hank Jones, Water/Waste Water Assistant,
(678) 776-4780 – if no answer, see below
FLOWERY BRANCH CODE RELATED TO WATER DISCONNECTIONS
Sec. 50-5. – Meter reading; billings; collecting. Modified
- Bills to customers for water and sewer service shall be mailed out on such days of each month as may be determined as desirable by the city. Bills shall be paid at the city hall and a failure to receive bills or notices shall not prevent such bills from becoming delinquent nor relieve the consumer from payment of same. The failure of water and/or sewer users to pay charges duly imposed shall result in the automatic imposition of the following penalties:
- All water/sewer bills are due by the 20th day of the month. A nonpayment penalty of ten percent of the total amount owed will be added to the delinquent account on the 21st day of the month.
- Nonpayment by the first of the month from the date due will result in the water being shut off from the water user’s property.
- Nonpayment for 60 days after original due date will allow the city, in addition to all other rights and remedies, to terminate the agreement, and in such event, the water user shall not be entitled to receive, nor the city obligated to supply, any water under this agreement.